How Can I Help?
No rescue group can exist without funds and/or donations. It is rare that the adoption donation will cover the cost of making a rescue dog into an adoptable companion, even with the cooperation of the most supportive veterinarians! Border Collie Rescue is no exception.
We are a member of the Breed Rescue Alliance of Tennessee (BRAT), a cooperative of some of the pure breed rescuers in the East Tennessee area, who support each other and combine efforts for such things as fundraising, appearances at fairs and exhibitions, and such. We have have held garage sales and had booths at Bark in the Park in Knoxville, at Mayfest in Oak Ridge, Petfest in Roane County, at the Oak Ridge Animal Shelter Open House Day, at the Oak Ridge Humane Society's Dog Walk, and attended many other events.
If you have a special talent for arts and crafts, and would be willing to donate items to East Tennessee Border Collie Rescue, please send us an email. We would love to display and sell them at upcoming events.
Could you foster a Rescue Border Collie? Would you like to help at a dog wash, garage sale, or other fundraiser? We'd be glad to have you as a volunteer. Please see our FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) page for information about fostering. And see below for many, many more ideas on how you can help us help Border Collies who need a home!
Also, please see our Fundraising Items For Sale web page. All proceeds from the sale of these items go directly to help our rescue Border Collies.
If you would like to make a donation to our "rescue medical fund" to help the rescue dogs in our care with their medical needs (like Sweetie, who needed extensive orthopedic surgery at a cost of $950, which we raised through donations from some very generous animal lovers), we would be extremely grateful. Please make your check or money order payable to "East Tennessee Border Collie Rescue" and mail it to: Attn: Rescue Medical Fund, East TN Border Collie Rescue, 242 Joel Road, Oliver Springs, TN 37840. We, and all our rescues, thank you!
You can help our rescued Border Collies by clicking on the links below and making purchases. A percentage of your purchase will be donated to our rescue group. Thanks!
To learn more about MissionFish, please click here.
Help East Tennessee Border Collie
Just by browsing on the iGive.com web site. It's fun and easy! Click here for details!
There are many, many ways you can help Rescue. Can you...
Volunteer Your Time
- Transport a dog?
- Walk a dog?
- Groom a dog?
- Go to the local shelter to evaluate and temperament test dogs or go with rescue to be a second opinion on the dog?
- Provide local vet clinics with contact information for educational materials on responsible pet ownership?
- Drive a dog to and from vet appointments?
- Attend public education days and try to educate people on responsible pet ownership?
- Provide a shoulder to cry on when the rescue person is overwhelmed?
- Be a short-term foster or pet-sitter to give the foster a break for a few hours or days?
- Make purchases through the www.iGive.com web site, which contributes commissions earned to our rescue group?
- Host rescue photos and/or an information link to us on your website?
- Donate time to take good photos of new fosters?
- Conduct a home visit or accompany a rescue person on the home visit?
- Go with rescue person to the vet to help if there is more than one dog?
- Be a volunteer to do rescue in your area? These United States and Canada are vast and not all the states in the US and provinces in Canada are covered by a rescue group.
- Talk to all your friends about adopting and fostering rescue dogs?
- Interview vets and talk to your own vet to encourage them to offer discounts to rescues?
- Write a column for your local newspaper or club newsletter on dogs currently looking for homes or ways to help rescue?
- Help organize and run fundraising events?
- Loan your carpet steam cleaner to someone who has fostered a dog that was sick or marked in the house?
- Use your video camera to film a rescue dog in action?
- Lend your artistic talents for fundraising items and/or t-shirt designs?
- Go to the foster home once a week with your children and dogs to help socialize the dog?
- Offer to test the foster dog with cats?
- Go with a rescue person to the vet if a foster dog needs to be euthanized?
- Go to local shelters and meet with shelter staff about how to identify your breed or provide photos and breed information showing the different types of that breed that may come in and the different color combinations?
- Help owners be better pet owners by holding a grooming seminar?
- Help pet owners be better pet owners by being available to answer training questions?
- Provide post-adoption follow up or support?
- Sponsor a Fun Day at your training facility or farm for foster dogs to train and play.
Make a Donation
- Donate MONEY?
- Donate a Kong? A chew toy?
- Donate or loan a wire or collapsible crate?
- Donate a washable crate pad, dog bed, or, for the senior dogs, an orthopedic dog bed?
- Donate an x-pen or baby gates?
- Donate a food dish or a stainless steel bucket for a crate?
- Donate a leash?
- Donate a collar?
- Donate some treats or a bag of food?
- Donate some grooming supplies (shampoos, combs, brushes, etc.)?
- Donate a pet store gift certificate?
- Donate a raffle item if your club is holding a fund raiser?
- Donate flea prevention medication?
- Donate heartworm preventive pills?
- Pay the boarding fees to board a dog for a week? Two weeks?
- Have a yard sale or attend a flea market and donate the money to rescue?
- Donate the cost of ETBCR foster dog ID tags. This provides a reusable ID tag for dogs while in foster care.
- Donate vet services or can you help by donating a spay or neuter each year or some vaccinations?
- Donate or loan a portable dog run to someone who doesn't have a quarantine area for quarantining a dog that has an unknown vaccination history and has been in a shelter?
- Pay the cost of taking a dog to obedience class?
- Be the one to take the dog to its obedience class?
- Pay for a dog to be groomed?
- Donate printer paper, envelopes and stamps to your rescue group?
- Donate or loan a crate if a dog needs to travel by air?
- Donate agility or flyball equipment?
Do you have any suggestions we can add to and improve the above list? If so, please send us an email to let us know!